Akshay Urja Shops
The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy,
Government of India has been promoting the establishment of
Aditya Solar Shops in major cities. These shops are now called
as “Akshay Urja Shops” with a view to cover sales
and service of all renewable energy devices and systems including
solar energy products. The shops carry out the following functions:-
• Sale of different renewable energy and energy efficient
• Repair and servicing of renewable energy devices;
• Dissemination of information on renewable energy devices/
• Facilitate individuals/companies to go in for renewable
• Applicants are eligible to avail loans
to a maximum of 85% of the cost of establishment subject to
a maximum of Rs.10 lakhs through designated banks for establishment
of the shops at an interest rate of 7%. It is repayable over
a period of five years.
• Recurring grant/incentive through State Nodal Agencies
(Subject to some minimum turnover)
o Rs.5000/- p.m as recurring grant towards manpower, electricity,
telephone bills and other miscellaneous expenses.
o Rs. 5000/- p.m as incentive towards turnover made, subject
to a minimum turnover of Rs. 50,000/- p.m during the first year
and Rs. 1,00,000/- p.m during the second year of operation.
• The scheme will be operated through State Nodal Agencies
Guidelines for setting up of the Shops
• Only one shop is to be established
in each district. Districts already having the shops established
earlier are not entitled for more shops.
• The shop will have a minimum covered area of 200sq.ft.
(Excluding storage). It will either be constructed/purchased/renovated.
Shops on rent will not be eligible for Govt. support.
• The shop shall be located in the prime and easily accessible
part of the city.
• It will have a common name all over the country. The
name with ‘Akshay Urja Shop’ will be displayed on
a glow sign board of at least 8’x3’ size. The name
of the shop may start with a different word , say, the name
of the owner and may be called as “……Akshay
• The shop will have decent aesthetics and will be well
illuminated to attract the customers.
• The shop will have a minimum of two employees. At least
one of them should be a technical person having knowledge of
repair and maintenance of renewable energy devices The Ministry
of New and Renewable Energy will assume no liability towards
the staff deployed in the shops.
• The shop shall function on normal business lines and
is expected to earn.
Akshay Urja Shops Policy 2007-08
Aditya /Akshay Urja Shops List