- Promote, develop and implement non-conventional, renewable and alternate energy devices and technologies.
- Take concrete steps for conventional energy conservation measures in industries, commercial establishments and domestic sectors.
- Assist the Government of India and Government of Maharashtra in renewable energy programme implementation.
- Evolve suitable alternatives to meet the burgeoning energy demand.
- Install demonstration power projects with own investment to instill confidence in new entrants and private investors.
- Pursue power projects based on renewable energy with large-scale private investments in commercially viable projects by creating suitable policy environment.
- Information dissemination and public awareness through training programmes, publications, exhibitions, seminars and conferences.
- Support large-scale distribution and marketing of stand-alone renewable energy devices by participating in field viability and commercialization exercises through innovative financing mechanism and creating investment opportunities.